IP – A key consideration in any M&A transaction
IP can be a business's most valuable asset.
We are seeing an upsurge in technology M&A – across multiple sectors including retail, healthcare and publishing – where IP is at the core of the transaction. The digital revolution is emphasising the significance of IP like never before.
Checking, protecting and asserting IP rights needs to be a critical deal workstream. Our world class team will guide you through this complex area and get the right result in each of the jurisdictions where you operate.
Our IP M&A expertise includes:
- Due diligence – checking for weaknesses in an IP portfolio, ensuring that the future plans of the business are built on a strong IP platform
- Joint ventures – navigating the complexities of IP contribution, generation and ownership throughout the JV lifecycle
- Licensing – ensuring that value is maximised from IP rights and dialling in a consistent global approach
- Business separation – advising on all aspects of transitional and exit IP arrangements
- Brand protection – analysing weaknesses in global protection, building strategies to defend against brand value erosion
- IP backed asset financing – advising on all aspects of taking security interests over IP assets
- Antitrust – analysing and structuring your transaction to ensure regulatory compliance across all aspects of IP licensing, JVs and non-compete arrangements
Rate this resource
- Rate as 1 star
- Rate as 2 stars
- Rate as 3 stars
- Rate as 4 stars
- Rate as 5 stars
- Rate as 6 stars
- Rate as 7 stars
- Rate as 8 stars
- Rate as 9 stars
- Rate as 10 stars
Your current rating: 7/10